Catholic Church Kilsyth


Photos from the Old School
(Photos of the old school building )
Photos of Staff & Pupils

- School Life - First Communions - Pupils & Staff from years gone by - Dates unknown (1) - Dates unknown (2) -
.....
- 1930's - 1940's - 1946 - 1950s-80s - 1970's - 1972 - 1976 - 1977 - 1979-80 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1986 - 1987 - 1989-90 - 1990's - 1999 -

2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005

Click on any image to get a larger picture
A Memorial to James Docherty
This statue of Our Lady was a memorial to James Docherty erected by the Parish and his family in recognition of his role as a campaigner for the adoption of Catholic Parish Schools into state funding.
He lobbied for, and was influential in, the drafting of the 1918
Education (Scotland) Act as it pertained to the adoption of Catholic Schools.
He was appointed after 1918 by the Bishops of Scotland as their Divisional Representative to oversee the transition of the first Church Schools into state control as a result of the Act.
St Joseph’s Bonnybridge was chosen as the pioneer school for
Scotland and all others followed where St Joseph’s lead, under his guidance. The statue was in the school for many years but was destroyed during the move from the old school to the new.
Click on any image to get a larger picture
The history of St Patrick’s school continues....
Jan 2008 saw the demolition of the 4th St Patrick’s School building.
The new St Patrick’s School opened in August 2007 and is the 5th St Patrick’s school building and the 2nd at
Fisher Avenue and Backbrae Street in Bogside Park.
The Photos above show the old school (4th St Patrick's School) in its death throws and the new School in the
background. Interesting from the point of view of the date of the change from one school to another, and the
fact that several generations in the Parish will mourn the passing of their old school building.
St Patrick's Kilsyth c 1967
St Patrick's Kilsyth c 1967
Back to the top
Click on image to get a larger picture
Click on any image to get a larger picture
 
 
Click on any image to get a larger picture
A New School
Click on any image to get a larger picture

The first Head Teacher of St. Pat's

Visit by Cardinal Gray to St Patrick's School in the 1960s

The Legislative History of Catholic Schools in Scotland


 
God BlessYou!