Fr Thomas Watt was born in Glasgow in 1912.
At the age of 18 he entered Campion House Osterly where he was
educated for 2 years between 1930 and 1932. He then entered
Oscott College Birmingham where he studied for 6 years between
1932 and 1938. He was ordained a Priest in Edinburgh in 1938.
His first appointment was at Holy Cross Edinburgh where he
served as assistant Priest for a year between 1938 and 1939.
He was then transferred to St Andrew's Edinburgh in 1939 for
a 2 year post as assistant Priest in that Parish. It was from
St Andrew's Edinburgh that he was transferred here to Kilsyth
in 1941 where he was only to stay for a year before moving on
to St Mary's Cathedral Edinburgh for a year where he served
again as assistant Priest 1942 to 1943.
A slightly longer posting of 2 years in Lennoxtown 1943 - 1945
was to follow. His last recorded position is as assistant Priest
is at Hawick 1945 to 1946.
source: Scottish Secular Clergy 1879 to 1989